The stories are out there: in Brooklyn, in Atlanta, in San Francisco, in Mesilla, N.M., and in tiny Upstate New York towns like Rensselaer Falls.
Keep an oral record of your family history with your own recordings.
Find a grandparent, parent or sibling and try these StoryCorps-recommended conversation starters:
- What was the happiest moment of your life?
- What are you most proud of?
- What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
- What is your earliest memory?
- How would you like to be remembered?
Learn more about recording and sharing your special memories at storycorps.org/record-your-story
BACK TO “Preserving Personal Pasts“
Longtime Oswego professor and staff member Michael S. Ameigh was appointed general manager of WRVO-FM.